3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Scale Inhibition Inline Water System AP430SS, Helps Prevent Scale Build Up On Hot Water Heaters and Boilers
The 3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Scale Inhibition Inline Water System AP430SS is designed to help reduce scale build-up and corrosion – thereby helping to extend the life on hot water-using appliances such as water heaters (standard (gas or electric) and tank-less), boilers, clothes washers and dishwashing machines, and on plumbing fixtures like faucets, pipes, and
The 3M Aqua-Pure Whole House Scale Inhibition Inline Water System AP430SS is designed to help reduce scale build-up and corrosion – thereby helping to extend the life on hot water-using appliances such as water heaters (standard (gas or electric) and tank-less), boilers, clothes washers and dishwashing machines, and on plumbing fixtures like faucets, pipes, and shower heads. The AP430SS provides flow of up to 10 GPM with ¾” NPT inlet/outlet connections. Scale is calcium and magnesium deposits that often form when hard water is heated. Water hardness is responsible for most scale formation in pipes, water heaters, finishes and flat surfaces, and other water using appliances. Over time scale build-up can significantly shorten the life of any water-using appliance. Also scale buildup inside pipes causes loss of water pressure as the interior gets smaller and smaller over time. The AP430SS contains polyphosphates to bind calcium and magnesium hardness minerals, helping to prevent them from precipitating out (or becoming a solid) and building up on metallic surfaces. Polyphosphates also helps prevent corrosion by forming a thin protective layer on the metal surface. The 3M Scale Inhibition Water System AP430SS is tested by NSF International to NSF/ANSI Std. 42 for material and structural requirements only. The overall single vessel/cartridge design of the AP430SS makes the 3M Aqua-Pure AP431 Water Filter Cartridge change-out easy for professionals as well as end users. Change disposable filter cartridge every 6 months or sooner if you observe noticeable reduction in water flow rate. The AP430SS is to be installed on the cold water supply line of the water heater or at point-of-entry of water into the home. Tools and parts required (not included): one ¾” stop and waste valve (compression type), PTFE tape, two ¾” male x ¾” street adapters, one ¾” compression gate valve, and pipe cutter. Read all instructions carefully before attempting to start installation. The existing shut-off valve remains in place and still acts as the cold water shut-off. This filter system has 3/4” connections. The AP430SS can be adapted to various pipe sizes by using reducing adapter on either end. Installation fittings can be sweated or threaded. Use galvanized fittings for installation on galvanized pipe.
- HELPS PROTECT HOT WATER HEATERS: Polyphosphates, included in this product, help to inhibit scale build up in hot water heaters (both standard (gas or electric) and tank less styles) and boilers; Helps extend the life of hot water heaters and hot water using appliances, pipes, and downstream plumbing fixtures such as faucets and shower heads
- MAINTAINS EFFICIENCY: By inhibiting scale build up on heat elements, helps maintain water heater efficiency
- EASY TO REPLACE: Easy change out of the 3M Aqua-Pure AP431 Replacement Water Cartridge makes system maintenance easy
- HIGH FLOW RATES: 3/4 Inch NPT inlet/outlet connections for easy installation and high flow rates (rated for up to 10 GPM); System to be installed on cold water line feeding the water heater
- CORROSION RESISTANCE: 304 stainless steel head can be installed on existing copper pipes in the home; It consists of a corrosion resistant material that provides long service life
- NSF STANDARD 42 CERTIFIED: Tested by NSF International to NSF/ANSI Std; 42 for material and structural requirements only
- PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: System has a pressure range of 25 to 125 PSI (862 kPa) and operating temperature of 40 to 100F (4.4 to 37.8C)
- IDEAL FOR any size home
The owner of this website, RDI, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking HomeWaterPurification.org to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com. Certain content that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. This content is provided 'as is' and is subject to change or removal at any time.